She promised this too shall past.
That one day I’ll
find a love that won’t make the mornings feel like dancing with the devil.
She
says one day I will know what it feels like to wake up without the room
spinning.
She tells me this in the mornings when she stomps around my room to
pick up the empty glasses from the night before.
She pulls the curtains so the
sun can slap me in the face; her blunt way of telling me she thinks I’m being
ridiculous.
She’s passive.
She doesn’t ask what happened.
She doesn’t cry in
front of me.
She doesn’t beg me to stop.
No, she’s a stubborn woman, stubborn
enough to know that this world of sympathy will never get me anywhere.
You look
pathetic she tells me one night when she walks in on me in the kitchen with my
eyeliner smearing down my cheeks with a bottle of Jameson on the counter.
What kind of strong women are you suppose to
be, crying over some man.
No comments:
Post a Comment