This is for her.
I feel like you're
on vacation and you haven't been checking in
So I pick up the
phone and dial a number and I let it ring
And ring
And since March, all its done was ring
So I try another
number and another and another
I'd imagine that
your in a small hut grandpa built you,
tucked in a little section of the field he farmed on to far from the phone.
Or maybe I'd call
and someone's using the other line or
I'd call and it's too early or too late.
Whatever the reason
is, I'd always miss catching you
And all I really
want to do is say 'Hi'
So I dial numbers
and I let it ring, ring
And after what feels
like forever it goes silent on the other end
Leaving me with just
a buzz of nothingness
But I keep trying
until it reaches November
Because when
November hits I'd realized I've been dialing the wrong numbers this whole time.
And the problem is..
Heaven isn't listed
in the phone book
Nor is death
Nor is pain
Nor is regret
Nor is I'm sorry
But I keep
trying
Cause eventually
I'll find a number that'll reach you.
And all I need you
to do is tell me I'll be okay.
Or tell me how silly
I looked that one night
And you'll shake
your head and tell me I still haven't changed
You'd laugh, I'd
laugh and we'd just pick up from there.
But until that day
when I can reach you, I'll be over here dialing numbers tryna get at you.Death does not come when a body is too exhausted to live
Death comes, because the brilliance inside us can only be contained for so long.
No comments:
Post a Comment