May 13, 2012

Something about your aura


May 12, 2012

I am who I am partly because of you.
I am forever grateful by it.
I am a strong, independent individual
Thank you.
From  everything  you've taught me and all the mistakes you've allowed me to make so that I could figure things out on my own.
Thank you.

I took you off that pedestal I had you on because of things I was hearing about you over the years.
I eventually put you back on because the person I  knew was worth that pedestal.

When I think of you and me back in the day, this picture always comes to mind.
Because I remember days like these.
Days when you were around.
I remember just sitting up there.
In a corner, just sitting
Staying out of your way
and if I was lucky enough you'd TELL me to go get you a glass of water
I'd smile and run to the house to grab you a glass.
Then grandma would tell me to tell you it was lunch time.

There was something about your aura.
It just drew people towards you.
I would find myself wanting to spend my day in your presence than running around with the kids in the neighborhood.
and although words were rarely shared I felt like I've had the greatest conversations with you.

I can't even explain it well. I don't think my explanation up there ^ even did justice.

You were just…….Grandpa

 and I could go on and describe how you taught me to gamble or how strict you were and how rebellious I was even at that young age, your broken English, your favorite phrase "Da Kine", your jokes… I could go on about you forever grandpa, but then I couldn't write about you anymore. So I'll save the detailed stories for next time.
 
9 years deep, grandpa.
And I still try to live my life the way you instilled in me(give and take ; } )    
Continue to watch over me, guide me and keep me safe.
iLOVEyou.
And miss you.

I am a MARQUEZ, live like one, die one 

No comments: